Oct 6, 2010

ROOTS 'N BLUES 'N BBQ

Every fall Columbia, Missouri plays host to the Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ festival. A 2-day event full of great bluegrass, blues, country, and folk music paired with a delicious BBQ competition. This year I had an opportunity to photograph the festival through Recess, Inc. My boss, LG, assembled a crew of 6 local photogs...dubbed the Photo Kingpin Crew and assigned us all specific bands to cover. I was lucky enough to photograph my new obsession Those Darlins and another great band (from Brazil!), Garotas Suecas. It was such a blast to get to go backstage to photograph the shows, being able to walk around freely and take pictures so up close. I didn't even have my pass at the time...I just put on my biggest lens and walked right through security and no one even questioned it. AHHHH-mazing. I caught some other acts while I was enjoying the festival, including the one-mic wonders the Del McCoury Band...they were awesome. After all was said and done I got to hang backstage, drink some beers, and 'shoot the shit' with Tab Benoit and Anders Osborne. Couldn't have been a more perfect end to a great night of amazing music. Here are the pics:












No comments:

Post a Comment